The College has a well-established canteen on the campus. It forms the junction of the students from different streams/courses. It makes all edible items available to the students and faculty members as per their requirements. Students enjoy their food in the clean, well maintained, aesthetic and appetizing atmosphere. Most of the people fondly remember their college canteen as one of their life's high points. It is the place where they keep their creative juices flowing with hot discussions, chewing ideas, exchanging and sharing strongly held opinions and eatables. The kitchen staff takes care to provide the students and staff a nutritious and hygienic food at our campus canteens. The environment in the canteen is clean & hygienic. The rates charged for various items of food are checked and approved by the college administration. The canteen is open on working days from 8.30 am to 5.30 pm.
A canteen committee is monitoring the operations of the canteen and implementing and reviewing the canteen policy. They may also be responsible for specific decisions as specified in the canteen policy, such as employing staff, authorizing major purchases, or authorizing changes in the menu. A canteen committee is a proven way to give the canteen enough autonomy to operate as a business while maintaining strong connections with the institute.
To facilitate hygienic and nutritious food at reasonably priced merchandise and services essential to their comfort and well-being.
The Committee monitors, at regular intervals, the quality and quantity of services provided by the canteen and works together with the canteen in charge to improve the services with regards to the quality of the food provided, timing of canteen, prices of articles sold.
• SITE plays a vital role in protecting & enhancing our environment for future generations. We can help to ensure this by minimizing wastage of energy and water usage and putting into practice the three R`s Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle wherever possible.
• Ensuring maintenance of canteen standards & development of human resources by making use of customers' feedback as a source of improvement.
• Becoming actively involved within one community monitoring & recording one environmental progress always with the goal for future development.
• The canteen committee proposes major decisions on the operation of the canteen these include long and short-term goals policies.
• Plan, organize, control, and evaluate the needs of the canteen.
• May employ and dismiss staff according to legislation.
• Ensure a healthy and safe working environment.
• Present a monthly and yearly report to the sponsoring body.
• Produce a canteen menu and price list.
• Monitor, and if required upgrade the condition of the canteen`s facilities and major equipment